Are you the ideal candidate with an excellent media workflow and technical knowledge? Then, we are looking for you. For one of our awesome clients in Amsterdam we are looking for a full time permanent Media Engineer. Primary responsibilities are onboarding new customers onto our digital supply chain platform, triaging internal support requests training and supporting the operational team. You will also be a key part in the tirage and requirements gathering process for all external requests from existing clients. The ideal candidate is highly driven, proactive and flexible. To be successful in this role, you should have media industry knowledge, high attention to detail, a passion for content and the customer experience, be quality driven and a team player, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. We are looking for a competent engineer comfortable with reviewing specification documents, giving high level work estimations and working in accordance with company's processes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● 1st line technical support for workflow queries and tool usage for operational team.
● Lead operational testing for all new product releases and hotfixes.
● Workflow validation and testing prior to release to operations.
● Technical triage of initial requests raised with the team.
● Creation of platform profiles within operational tools including transcoder and metadata settings.
● QC & ingest of source materials as part of launch deliveries.
● Metadata validation, transformation, and management.
● Contributing to and execution of workflow enhancements.
● Solid understanding of the deployment of video/audio processing, delivery and QC workflows.
● Troubleshooting technical issues raised by the team, clients and platforms and advising the best course of action.
● Project work including, but not limited to client onboarding, platform launches and operational efficiency initiatives.
● Status updates, attending daily stand-ups and managing expectations.
● Experience working to and maintaining strict KPI targets.
Living in the Netherlands and having a valid work permit in a must.
For more information please feel free to contact Ritsa Paraskevopoulou Wanga at
06-48281953 or send an email to email@example.com
What we offer
What we offer
Immediately, 40 hours p/w.
25 holiday days per year.
Competitive benefits package.
Health care compensation.
Direct contract with the company with the possibility of a permanent contract.
Travel costs fully covered.
This position will be based either in Amsterdam office or working remotely and available for European time zone work hours.
● Demonstrable broadcast media/audio-visual technical education or work experience.
● Knowledge of or exposure to media logistics, media engineering, editing and QC, video codecs and subtitling/captions processes.
● Minimum 4 years of experience in a media operations, post-production environment, content distribution distribution or VOD platforms.
● Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English.
● High degree of experience within post production, QC systems, distribution systems and codecs (e.g., Adobe Suite, ffmpeg, MacCaption, EZTiles).
● Knowledge of a wide range of issues and limitations with codecs.
● Knowledge of the content package QC issues, and fixes.
● Experience of working with other departments of business to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
● Knowledge and experience of AWS workflows and products.
● Experience or knowledge of platform and studio onboarding projects.
● Good communication skills and a team player.
● Technical and background in broadcasting, VODoD, digital media, web marketing, mobile environment.
● Operational experience in broadcasting, ingest, delivery and VOD Publication.
● Experience of working with advanced media formats such as IMF.
● Experience with Automated QC tools such as Interra Baton,and/or Venera Quasar, Telestream Aurora.
● Experience video transcoding tools such as using Dolby Hybrik, AWS Media Convert, etc.
● Experience creating complex transcode profiles containing multiple sources and variables.
● Operational experience executing and troubleshooting AWS workflows.
● Knowledge of VoD package and delivery specs such as cablelabs.
● Knowledge of XML and JSON file types.
● Experience of delivering to Apple, Roku, Telco Platforms and service providers.
● A demonstrable passion for films and TV content and the audience/user experience.
● Exposure to, knowledge of, and/or hands on experience using a variety of in-market OVP, CMS, and media creation, curation, and distribution services.
● Experience as an ingest operator or of ingest workflow tasks.
● Experience of Bucket to bucket, Aspera and Signiant delivery methods.
● Experience scoping, building, maintaining and improving media workflows.
● Experience following and improving departmental processes at a technical and organisational level.
About the company
About the company
It is the technology that brings creative visions to life, from the concept to the consumer, on every screen, everywhere in the world. With an executive team boasting extensive experience at companies such as Amazon, HBO, Netflix, and Microsoft, as well as years building our own OTT platforms, they can understand and strategize against the challenges their customers face better than any other partner.
You will work closely with your team to train you on the products and business to ensure you have all the tools necessary to complete the job. It is expected that you grow and be able to offer the highest level of customer service with a deep understanding of the company’s value proposition. The role is not limited to task execution only, but searching for people with a proactive approach to work.